Emily A. Spataro, MD
Assistant Professor, Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
WU Physicians Bio
Publications (via PubMed)
Dr. Spataro specializes in rhinoplasties for both functional and cosmetic purposes, facial Mohs reconstructions, facial trauma, cosmetic surgeries and procedures such as Botox, fillers, brow lifts, eyelid surgeries, facelifts/necklifts, laser and chemical peels for skin resurfacing.
Patients Seen At:
Facial Plastic Surgery Center
1020 N. Mason Road, Suite 205
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Fax: (314) 996-8610
5201 Midamerica Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63129
Washington University School of Medicine
Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
660 S. Euclid Ave.-Campus Box 8115
St. Louis, MO 63110
- Fellowship in Facial Plastic Surgery, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, 2018
- Residency in Otolaryngology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 2017
- MD, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 2012
- BSE, Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC, 2007
Licensure and Board Certification
- Otolaryngology - Certified
- Graduation with Distinction, Duke University, Senior design project: Devices for the developing world, neonatal incubator
- Spataro E, Most SP. Tongue-in-groove technique for rhinoplasty: technical refinements and considerations. Facial Plast Surg. 2018. Accepted. In press.
- Spataro EA, Most SP. Surgical Pearl: Nuances of the Tongue in Groove Technique. JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2018. Accepted. In press.
- Spataro E, Most SP. Measuring Nasal Obstruction Outcomes. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2018 Jun 21. Epub ahead of print.
- Spataro E, Olds C, Nuyen B, Kandathil CK, Most SP. Comparison of Primary and Secondary Anterior Septal Recon-structions: A Cohort Study. Facial Plast Surg. 2018. Accepted. In press.
- Saltychev M, Kandathil CK, Abdelwahab M, Spataro EA, Moubayed SP, Most, SP. Confirmatory Factor Analysis of the Standardized Cosmesis and Health Nasal Outcomes Survey (SCHNOS). Plast Reconst Surg. 2018. Accepted. In press.
- Saltychev M, Kandathil CK, Abdelwahab M, Spataro EA, Moubayed SP, Most SP. Psychometric Properties of the Standardized Cosmesis and Health Nasal Outcomes Survey: Item Response Theory Analysis. JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2018 Jul 19. Epub ahead of print.
- Li K, Moubayed SP, Spataro E, Most SP. Risk Factors for Corrective Septorhinoplasty Associated with Initial Treatment of Isolated Nasal Fracture. JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2018 Jun 14. Epub ahead of print
- Kandathil CK, Spataro EA, Laimi K, Moubayed SP, Most SP, Saltychev M. Repair of the Lateral Nasal Wall in Na-sal Airway Obstruction: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2018 Jul 1;20(4):307-313.
- Spataro E, Durakovic N, Kallogjeri D, Nussenbaum B. Complications and 30-day hospital readmission rates of pa-tients undergoing tracheostomy: a prospective analysis. Laryngoscope. 2017; 127(12):2746-2753.
- Spataro E, Branham GH. Principles of nasal reconstruction. Facial Plast Surg. 2016; 32(6).
- Spataro E, Hahn S, Branham GH. “Management of the Midface.” Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Clinical Reference Guide. Ed. Shaun C. Desai. San Diego: Plural Publishing, 2016. Print.
- Spataro E, Piccirillo JF, Kallogjeri D, Branham GH, Desai SC. Revision rates and risk factors of 175,842 patients undergoing septorhinoplasty. JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2016; 18(3): 212-219.
- Spataro E, Piccirillo JF, Kallogjeri D, Branham GH, Desai SC. Hospital 30-day revisit rates and factors associated with revisits in patients undergoing septorhinoplasty. JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2016; 18(6): 420-428.
- Spataro E, Desai SC, Branham G. The role of botulinum toxin injections in the treatment of facial nerve palsy. Austin J Otolaryngol. 2014; 1(4): 3.
- Spataro E, Grindler DJ, Paniello RC. Etiology and time to presentation of unilateral vocal fold paralysis. Otolaryn-gol Head Neck Surg. 2014; 151(2): 286-293.