John Chi, MD
Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology
WashU Physicians Bio
Dr. Chi's clinical interests include: Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery; Facial Cosmetic Procedures and Surgery; Rhinoplasty; Facial Nerve Injury and Disorders; and Facial Trauma.
Patients Seen At:
Facial Plastic Surgery Center
1020 N. Mason Road, Suite 205
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Fax: (314) 996-8610
Washington University School of Medicine
Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
660 S. Euclid Ave.-Campus Box 8115
St. Louis, MO 63110
- Fellow, Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 2012-2013
- Residency in Otorhinolaryngology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 2007-2012
- MD, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, 2003-2007
- MA, Secondary Science Education, City University of New York, 2003
- BS, Chemical Engineering, Columbia University, 2001
Licensure and Board Certification
- Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery Humanitarian Travel Grant, 2011
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery Resident Leadership Grant, 2011
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical SocietyChancellor’s Award for Student Excellence, State University of New York, 2007
- Distinction in Research, SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, 2007
- Dean’s Outstanding Student Award, SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, 2007
- Outstanding Student Award, Dept. of Otolaryngology, SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, 2007
- Outstanding Research Award, Dept. of Urology, SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, 2007
- Excellence & Leadership in Teaching Award, SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, 2007
- Jennifer Timbrook Memorial Award, SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, 2007
- Service Award, Alumni Association, SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, 2007
- Teacher of the Year Award, Bronx High School for Law, Government & Justice, 2002 – 2003
- Dean’s List, Columbia University
- Chi J. Periorbital surgery: forehead, brow and midface. Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. In press.
- Chi J. Management of the eye in facial paralysis. Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. In press.
- Frodel J, Alexander I, Chi J. Wound Healing & Flap Physiology. In: Snow J, Wackym P, eds. Ballenger's Otorhinolaryngology: Head and Neck Surgery. Shelton, CT: People’s Medical Publishing House; In press.
- Alam D, Chi J. Facial Transplantation. In: Cheney M, Hadlock T, eds. Facial Surgery: Plastic and Reconstructive. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press;2015.
- Chi J, Feldman M, Palmer J. Sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma: a case report and review of the literature. Ear Nose Throat J. 2015 Apr-May;94(4-5):178-82.
- Chi J, Haughey B. Tongue transplantation. Curr Otorhinolaryngol Rep. 2014 2:178–183.
- Alam D, Haffey T, Vakharia K, Rajasekaran K, Chi J, Prayson R, McBride J, McLennan G. The sternohyoid flap for facial reanimation: a comprehensive preclinical evaluation of this novel technique. JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2013 Jul 1;15(4):305-13.
- Suh J, Ramakrishnan V, Chi J, Palmer J, Chiu A. Outcomes and complications of endoscopic approaches for malignancies of the paranasal sinuses and anterior skull base. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2013 Jan;122(1):54-9.
- Chi J, Alam D. Facial Trauma:Evaluation and Management. In: Cameron J, Cameron A, eds. Current Surgical Therapy. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Publishing Inc;2013.
- Alam D, Chi J. Facial transplantation for massive traumatic injuries. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2013 Oct;46(5):883-901.
- Antunes M, Chi J, Liu Z, Goldstein-Daruech N, Palmer J, Zhu, Cohen N. Molecular basis of tobacco induced bacterial biofilms: An in vitro study. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 Nov;147(5):876-84.
- Chi J, Ruckenstein M. Clinical Presentation of Meniere’s Disease. In: Ruckenstein M, ed. Meniere’s Disease: Evidence and Outcomes. San Diego, CA: Plural Publishing Inc; 2010.
- Chi J, Mandel J, Weinstein G, O’Malley B. Anesthetic considerations for transoral robotic surgery. Anesthesiol Clin. 2010 Sep;28(3):411-22.
- Chi J, Kandil E, Moussa H, Schwartzman A, Zenilman M. Should cecal volvulus be managed differently in HIV-positive patients? Surgical Rounds. March 2007.