Patrik Pipkorn, MD
Assistant Professor, Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
WU Physicians Bio
Publications (via PubMed)
Dr. Pipkorn's areas of clinical interest include head and neck benign and malignant lesions, thyroid tumors, parathyroid, sinonasal benign and malignant tumors, and reconstruction of head and neck defects.
Patients Seen At:
Center for Advanced Medicine
Ear, Nose and Throat Center
4921 Parkview Place, Suite A, Floor 11
St. Louis, MO 63110
Fax: (314) 747-5593
Washington University School of Medicine
Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
660 So. Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8115
St. Louis, MO 63110
- Undergrad/Grad: University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Internship, Central Hospital, Skovde, Sweden (2008)
- Residency: Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, Central Hospital, Skovde, Sweden (2013)
- Residency: Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa (2014)
- Fellowship in Head & Neck Surgery and Microvasculature Reconstruction, University of California, Davis (2015)
- Fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery, Transoral Surgery, and Microvasculature Reconstruction, Washington University in St. Louis (2016)
- Masters in Science and Clinical Investigation, Washington University in St. Louis (2017)
Licensure and Board Certification
- Visiting Professor License - Missouri Board of Healing Arts
- 2003/2004 - Erasmus exchange student scholarship for medical studies in Freiburg Germany, Albert-Ludvig Universität
Head, Athletic Section
- 2005 - Exchange student for medical studies in Ann Arbor, MI,
University of Michigan
- 2015 - Otolaryngology Airway Award, University of California, Davis
- 2017 - Triological Society 3rd place poster, Triological Society Sections Meeting
- Pipkorn P, Costantini C, Reynolds C, Wall M, Drake M, Sanico A, Proud D, Togias A. The effects of the nasal antihistamines olopatadine and azelastine in nasal allergen provocation. A.Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2008 Jul; 101(1):82-9
- Sinha P, Pipkorn P, Thorstad WT, Gay HA, Haughey BH. Does Elimination of Planned Postoperative Radiation to the Primary Bed in p16-positive, Transorally Resected Oropharyngeal Carcinoma associate with poorer outcomes? Oral Oncology 2016.
- Pipkorn P, Sinha P, Zenga J, Graboyes E, Haughey BH. Acellular dermal graft pharyngeal repair augmentation after laryngectomy. Am J Otolaryngol. 2017 Feb 2.
- Zenga J, Suko J, Kallogjeri D, Pipkorn P, Nussenbaum B, Jackson RS. Postoperative hemorrhage and hospital revisit after transoral robotic surgery.
Laryngoscope. 2017 Apr 20.
- Sinha P, Pipkorn P, Zenga J, Haughey BH. The Hybrid Transoral Mini Pharyngotomy Approach to Oropharyngeal Carcino ma: Technique and Outcome. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2017 May;126(5):357-364.