Hometown: Naperville, IL
Personal Statement: While I do have a strong interest in pursuing a fellowship and subsequently an academic career, I find various subspecialties within the field interesting and have not yet decided on a specific area of clinical interest. In fact, the opportunity to work closely with leaders from every subspecialty made the choice to come to WashU an obvious one. My research interests center on the development of minimally invasive devices and the use of engineering principles to develop simple practical solutions for patients suffering from complex otolaryngologic diseases. Outside of work, I spend my time staying active, traveling to new destinations, and catching up with friends.
Undergraduate: Washington University in St. Louis, BS in Business Administration, Healthcare Management, 2009
Medical School: Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, 2014
- WashU in St. Louis - William H. Armstrong Scholarship
- WashU in St. Louis Olin Business School - Skandalaris Award for Social Entrepreneurship
- WashU in St. Louis Olin Business School - Honors Program Graduate
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania - Walter Lewis Croll Scholarship
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania - Class of 1958 Scholarship
- National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases - T35 short term training grant
Lajud, S., Han, Z., Chi, F., Gu, R., Nagda, D., Bezpalko, O., Luo, J., Bur, A., Chi, F., O’Malley Jr., B.W., Li, D. A Regulated Delivery System for Inner Ear Drug Application. Journal of Controlled Release, Volume 166, Issue 3, 28 March 2013, Pages 268–276.
Zheng, J., Nagda, D., Lajud, S., Kumar, S., O’Malley Jr., B.W., Li, D. Biliverdin: A novel molecular therapy for head and neck cancer. British Journal of Cancer. [Epub ahead of print]