Elizabeth H. Wick, MD
Hometown: Fairport, NY
Personal Statement: I was initially interested in ENT because of my early challenges with unilateral hearing loss. This interest grew through my connection to medical device development and the role it can play in improving patients’ lives. I was able to pursue this further by working on a stimulation device to protect the airway during swallowing. Outside of work, I enjoy basketball, soccer, piano, and spending time with friends and family.
Undergraduate: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, 2007
Medical School: Case Western Reserve School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, 2014
Honors and Awards
- Elected Liaison: American Board of Otolaryngology (ABOto) and Section for Residents and Fellows (SRF) for American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Society (AAO-HNS/F), 2017–2018
- First Place for “Medical Student of the Year” Scholarship: Northeastern Ohio Otolaryngology Head & Neck Society. Cleveland, OH, 2014
- Medtronic Post Graduate Research Fellowship: Medtronic Inc. Cleveland, OH, 2011–2012
- Coulter Foundation Training Grant: Coulter Foundation. Cleveland, OH, 2010–2011
- Presidential Scholarship: Case Western Reserve University. Cleveland, OH, 2003–2007
Wick E, Johnson K, Wijakkanalan P, Demarre K, Faherty A, Parikh S, Horn D. Reliability and Construct Validity of the Penetration-Aspiration Scale for Quantifying Pediatric Outcomes After Interarytenoid Injection Augmentation. Int Jou Ped Otol (Submitted)
Wick E, Whipple M, Moe K. Opening the “black box” of nasal osteotomies: navigation-assisted rhinoplasty. JAMA Fac Plast Surg (In-Process)
Wick E, Whipple M, Goldman J, Litvack J. Trends in editorial board membership over the past 20 years. Laryngoscope (In-Process)
Hadley A, Krival K, Ridgel A, Hahn E, Tyler D. Neural network pattern recognition of lingual-palatal pressure for automated detection of swallow. Dysphagia 2015 Apr; 30(2):176-87.
Hadley A, Thompson P, Kolb I, Hahn E, Tyler D. Targeted Transtracheal Stimulation for Vocal Fold Closure. Dysphagia 2014 Jun; 29(3):346-54.
Broniatowski M, Grundfest-Broniatowski S, Hahn E, Hadley A, Tyler D, Tucker H. Selective Intraoperative Stimulation of the Human Larynx. Laryngoscope 2012 Sep; 122(9):2015-22.