Jake J. Lee, MD
Hometown: Closter, NJ
Personal Statement: I was drawn to the WashU program by the depth and breadth of its clinical training in all the different otolaryngologic subspecialties, its emphasis on nurturing innovative scholarly research (basic, translational, and clinical) throughout the curriculum, and its ties to the broader WashU network (ie. Central Institute for the Deaf, Department of Biomedical Engineering), thereby promoting interdisciplinary collaboration. Outside of academia, I enjoy all sports, whether it’s playing backyard football or pick-up basketball, competing in a citywide kickball league, winning fantasy football, working out, or cheering for the New York Giants and Duke basketball. Other interests include hip-hop dancing, hiking, impersonations, throwing remotes when Eli Manning throws an interception, and traveling abroad in dingy hostels.
Undergraduate: Duke University, BS, 2011
Medical School: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 2016
- Board of Governors Socioeconomic & Grassroots Representative, Section for Residents and Fellows, AAO-HNS, 2018-2019
- William K. Sieber, MD Award for Excellence in Pediatric Surgery, University of Pittsburgh SOM, 2016
- Dr. Tryphena Humphrey Student Award in Neurology, University of Pittsburgh SOM, 2016
- 2nd Place Research Poster Award, The Triological Society, Combined Sections Meeting, 2016
- Alpha Omega Alpha, University of Pittsburgh SOM, 2015
- Travel Scholarship, Society of Vascular Surgery, 2014
- Dean’s Summer Research Project Grant, University of Pittsburgh SOM, 2013
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award, AmeriCorps, 2012
- New Jersey All-State Symphonic Band, 2007
Lee JJ, Ford MD, Tobey AB, Jabbour N. Diagnosing Tongue Base Obstruction in Pierre Robin Sequence Infants: Sleep vs. Awake Endoscopy. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2018;55:692-696.
Mehta KS, Lee JJ, Taha AG, Avgerinos E, Chaer RA. Vascular Applications of Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Imaging. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:266-274.
Kent DT, Lee JJ, Strollo Jr PJ, Soose RJ. Upper Airway Stimulation for OSA: Early Adherence and Outcome Results of One Center. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2016;155:188-93.
Lee JJ, Thottam PJ, Ford MD, Jabbour N. Characteristics of Sleep Apnea in Infants with Pierre-Robin Sequence: Is There Improvement with Advancing Age? Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2015;79:2059-67.
Lee JJ, Sahu N, Rogers R, Soose RJ. Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treated with Combination Hypoglossal Nerve Stimulation and Oral Appliance Therapy. J Dent Sleep Med. 2015;2:185-6.
Lee JJ, Jabbour N. Teaching the Pharyngeal Flap and Sphincter Pharyngoplasty: The Sticky Note Method. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2015;79:1905-8.
D'Ancona G, Lee JJ, Pasta S, Pilato G, Rinaudo A, Follis F, Pilato M. Computational Analysis to Predict False-Lumen Perfusion and Outcome of Type B Aortic Dissection. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014;148:1756-8.
Lee JJ, D’Ancona G, Amaducci A, Follis F, Pilato M, Pasta S. Role of Computational Modeling in Thoracic Aortic Pathology: A Review. J Card Surg. 2014;29:653-62.
Rinaudo A, D'Ancona G, Lee JJ, Pilato G, Amaducci A, Baglini R, et al. Predicting Outcome of Aortic Dissection with Patent False Lumen by Computational Flow Analysis. Cardiovasc Eng Technol. 2014;5:176-88.