J. Tyler Bertroche, MD
Hometown: Cedar Rapids, IA
Personal Statement: I chose Wash U because of its world-class surgical training program, its fantastic clinical education, and its open and supportive residency environment. I fell in love with St. Louis as an undergrad and I’m really excited to be back! This city is truly a diamond in the rough with so many great places and restaurants to explore. Outside of the hospital I enjoy playing soccer, scuba diving, traveling, songwriting, and painting.
Undergraduate: Washington University in St. Louis, B.A. in Biology & Spanish, 2011
Medical School: University of Iowa-Carver College of Medicine, 2015
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society- Junior Inductee
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- MD with Distinction in Teaching
- Tutor of the Year- Carver College of Medicine
- Iowa Head and Neck Protocols- Best Protocols 2015
- Co-President- University of Iowa AOA
- 1st Place- American College of Physicians Presentation Competition
- Distinguished Student Service Recognition- Carver College of Medicine
- Mr. Iowa Medicine
- Eagle Scout
Jonathan C Kopelovich, Lina A J Reiss, Christine P Etler, Linjing Xu, J Tyler Bertroche, Bruce J Gantz, Marlan R Hansen. “Hearing Loss After Activation of Hearing Preservation Cochlear Implants Might Be Related to Afferent Cochlear Innervation Injury.” Otology & Neurotology. April 2015.
Zhang, Q, Fishel, E., Bertroche, T., Dixit, R. “Microtubule severing at crossover sites by katanin generates ordered cortical microtubule arrays in Arabidopsis.” Current Biology. Volume 23, Issue 21, p2191–2195, 4 November 2013.