Angela L. Mazul, PhD
Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery
- BS, Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA (2009)
- MPH, Epidemiology, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA (2010)
- PhD, Epidemiology, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, CHapel Hill, NC (2016)
- Member, Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health
- Farquhar DR, Divaris K, Mazul AL, Weissler MC, Zevallos JP, Olshan AF. Poor Oral Health Affects Survival in Head and Neck Cancer. Oral Oncology.
- Zevallos JP, Mazul AL. The complex relation between race, sex, and human papillomavirus and head and neck cancer. Cancer. May 2017.
- Graff M, North KE, Richardson AS, Young KL, Mazul AL, Highland HM, Mohlke KL, Lange LA, Lange EM, Mullan Harris K, Gordon-Larsen P. BMI loci and longitudinal BMI from adolescence to young adulthood in an ethnically diverse cohort. Int J Obes (Lond). May 2017
- Marouli E, Graff M, Medina-Gomez C, [and 366 others including Mazul AL]. Rare and low-frequency coding variants alter human adult height. Nature. Feb 2017
- D’Souza G, Anantharaman D, Gheit T, Abedi-Ardekani B, Beachler DC, Conway DI, Olshan AF, Wunsch-Filho V, Toporcov TN, Ahrens W, Wisniewski K, Merletti F, Boccia S, Tajara EH, Zevallos JP, Levi JE, Weissler MC, Wright S, Scelo G, Mazul AL, Tommasino M, Brennan P, Cadoni G. Effect of HPV on head and neck cancer patient survival, by region and tumor site: A comparison of 1362 cases across three continents. Oral Oncol. Nov 2016
- Graff M, Richardson AS, Young KL, Mazul AL, Highland H, North KE, Mohlke KL, Lange LA, Lange EM, Harris KM, Gordon-Larsen P. The interaction between physical activity and obesity gene variants in association with BMI: Does the obesogenic environment matter? Health Place. Nov 2016
- Mazul AL, Rodriguez-Ormaza N, Taylor JM, Desai DD, Brennan P, Anantharaman D, Gheit T, Tommasino M, Abedi-Ardekani B, Olshan AF, Zevallos JP. Prognostic significance of non-HPV16 genotypes in oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncol. Oct 2016
- Mazul AL, Taylor JM, Divaris K, Weissler MC, Brennan P, Anantharaman D, Abedi-Ardekani B, Olshan AF, Zevallos JP. Oral health and human papillomavirus-associated head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer. Aug 2016
- Mazul AL, Siega-Riz AM, Weinberg CR, Engel SM, Zou F, Carrier KS, Basta PV, Vaksman Z, Maris JM, Diskin SJ, Maxen C, Naranjo A, Olshan AF. A family-based study of gene variants and maternal folate and choline in neuroblastoma: a report from the Children’s Oncology Group. Cancer Causes Control. Aug 2016.
- Zevallos JP,* Mazul AL* Rodriguez N, et al. Previous tonsillectomy modifies odds of tonsil and base of tongue cancer. Br J Cancer. Mar 2017. *Contributed equally