Our mission is to improve patients’ lives by leading our advancing field.
We do that by
- training the next generation of physician leaders,
- conducting impactful research that advances our field, and
- providing outstanding patient care in an environment of compassion and innovation.
The departmental mission embodies three elements: purpose, value and behavior standards.
- Our purpose is the betterment of health care through the development of new knowledge arising from research, teaching and clinical programs in otolaryngology – head and neck surgery.
- Our values are reflected in the ethical coordination of talent and resources.
- Our behavior standards are addressed through a balance in research, teaching and clinical activities, and the fulfillment of individual and departmental potential.
These declarations represent our commitment to quality, ethics, organizational pride, mutual respect and teamwork, open communication, functional balance and individual fulfillment.