Holly N. Sprow, MD
MD: Tufts University School of Medicine
Hometown: Wauconda, IL
Personal Statement: I am very honored and excited to be at one of the best clinical and research training programs in the country. I chose WashU for its high-operative volume, supportive faculty and residents, resources, and research opportunities.
Undergraduate: Washington University in St. Louis, 2017
Medical School: Tufts University School of Medicine, 2023
- Research Honors (conferred with medical degree), 2023
- Tufts University Honos Civicus Society, 2023
- C. William Kaiser, M.D., FACS, FRCS (C) Prize, 2023
- American Medical Women’s Association Glasgow-Rubin Academic Achievement Certificate (awarded to women who graduate in the top 10% of their medical school class), 2023
- Massachusetts Medical Society Scholars Program Finalist, 2023
- Ross Scholarship Recipient, 2023
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons Cannon Scholar, 2022
- Suffolk District Medical Society Scholarship recipient, 2021
- The Women’s Empowerment Scholarship recipient, 2021
- COSM Medical Student Travel Award, 2021
- American Academy of Otolaryngology Travel Grant, 2021 -Jolma Family Scholarship, 2021
- Riopelle AM, Sprow HN, Potter CT, Schanbacher CF, Utilization of the paramedian forehead flap pedicle as a delayed full-thickness skin graft to optimize forehead cosmesis, JAAD Case Reports (2023), doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdcr.2023.05.020
- Sprow H, Heer B, Nuss S, Jashek-Ahmed F, Wiedermann J, Seguya A. Barriers to head and neck cancer care in high-income and low- and middle-income countries: a scoping review. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2023 Jun 1;31(3):185-193. doi: 10.1097/MOO.0000000000000889. Epub 2023 Apr 4. PMID: 37014803.
- Nuss, S; Denton, A; Aragão, J; Sprow, HN; Daudu, D; Kondamuri, N; Hampton, T; O’Byrne, TJ; Wiedermann, JP. How gender disparities affect otolaryngology specialty selection: an international cross-sectional survey. International Journal of Surgery: Global Health 6(2):p e116, March 2023. | DOI: 10.1097/GH9.0000000000000116
- InciSioN Collaborative. International Survey of Medical Students Exposure to Relevant Global Surgery (ISOMERS): A Cross-Sectional Study. World J Surg. 2022 Feb 1. doi: 10.1007/s00268-022-06440-0. PMID: 35106648.
- Sprow, H.N., Hansen, N.F., Loeb, H.E. et al. Gender-Based Microaggressions in Surgery: A Scoping Review of the Global Literature. World J Surg (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00268-021-05974-z