Steven P. Smith, AuD
Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery
Patients seen at
Audiology at CID
With convenient parking within steps of the Central Institute for the Deaf
- Physical Address: 4560 Clayton Ave, Room 251, St. Louis, MO, USA
- Phone: 314-362-7509
Dr. Smith is a clinical audiologist specializing in comprehensive diagnostic audiology; hearing assistive technology, and using best practice guidelines in fitting and verification of hearing aids.
- Undergraduate: Speech and Hearing Sciences, University of Utah (2000)
- MS: Audiology, Washington University in St.Louis (2002)
- AuD: Pennsylvania College of Optometry, School of Audiology (2007)
Licensure and board certification
- Licensed in Missouri
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A)
- Valente M, Odeing K, Brockmeyer A, Smith S, Kallogjeri D. (2017) Differences in Word and Phoneme Recognition in Quiet, Sentence Recognition in Noise, and Subjective Outcomes between Manufacturer First-Fit and Hearing Aids Programmed to NAL-NL2 Using Real-Ear Measures. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, September.
- Smith (2016) The Audiogram Work Book. Thieme.
- Contributor for: Valente, M (2015). Adult Patients with Severe-to-Profound Unilateral Sensorineural Hearing Loss. http://www.audiology.org/sites/default/files/PractGuidelineAdultsPatientsWithSNHL.pdf
- Contributor for: Valente, M., & Valente, L. M. (2014). Adult Audiology Casebook. Thieme.
- Smith S, Milov S, Goebel J. (2012) Atresia and Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss. J Am Acad Audiol, 23:241-248.
- Smith S. (2011). Current Perspectives on Ototoxicity. Seminars in Hearing, Thieme Medical Publishers, New York.