Amanda J. Ortmann, PhD
Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery
- BS (Mathematics and Communications): Missouri Baptist University (2001)
- MSSH (Audiology): Washington University in St. Louis (2003)
- PhD (Communication Sciences and Disorders): University of Pittsburgh (2012)
Leadership roles and honors
- Director, Adult audiology
- Director of Audiology Studies, Program in Audiology and Communication Sciences
- Distinguished alumni award, Missouri Baptist University, 2018
- Margo Skinner Award, Missouri Academy of Audiology, 2016
- James Jerger Future Leaders of Audiology Award, 2012
- Koka K, Riggs WJ, Dwyer R, Holder JT, Noble JH, Dawant BM, Ortmann AJ,… Labadie, R. F. (2018). Intra-Cochlear Electrocochleography During Cochear Implant Electrode Insertion Is Predictive of Final Scalar Location. Otol & Neurotol 39(8), e654–e659. https://doi.org/10.1097/MAO.0000000000001906
- Smith SW, Ortmann AJ, Clark WW. (2018) Noise in the NICU: A new approach to examining acoustic events Noise Health 20(95):121-130. Abdala C, Ortmann AJ, Shera CA. (2018) Reflection- and Distortion-Source Otoacoustic Emissions: Evidence for Increased Irregularity in the Human Cochlea During Aging?” J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 16(5):493-510.
- Zhang M, Pratt SR, Doyle PJ, McNeil MR, Durrant JD, Roxberg J, Ortmann A. (2017) Audiological assessment of word recognition skills in persons with aphasia Am J Audiol 7: 1-18.
- Ortmann AJ and Abdala C. (2016) Changes in the compressive nonlinearity of the cochlea during early aging: Estimates from distortion OAE input/output functions Ear Hear 37:603-614.
- Ortmann AJ and Neely JG. (2012) Sudden sensorineural hearing loss and delayed complete sudden spontaneous recovery: A case report. J Am Acad Audiol 23:249-255.
- Barden E, Rellinger EA, Ortmann AJ, Ohlemiller KK. (2012) Inheritance patterns of noise vulnerability and ‘protectability’ in (B6 x CBA/J) F1 hybrid mice. J Am Acad Audiol 23:332-340.
- Schroy C, Ortmann AJ, Mauze E. (2012) Sudden hearing loss following a traumatic brain injury: A case study. Perspectives on Aural Rehabilitation and Its Instrumentation 19:15-24.
- Ohlemiller, KK, Rybak Rice, ME, Rellinger EA, Ortmann AJ. (2011) Divergence of noise vulnerability in cochleae of young CBA/J and CBA/CaJ mice. Hearing Res 272:13-20.
- Ortmann AJ, Palmer CV, Pratt SR. (2010) The impact of spectrally asynchronous delays on consonant voicing perception. J Am Acad Audiol 21:493-511.
- Gagnon PM, Simmons DD, Bao J, Lei D, Ortmann AJ, Ohlemiller KK. (2007) Temporal and genetic influences on protection against noise-induced hearing loss by hypoxic pre-conditioning in mice Hearing Res 226:79-91.