Chad A. Nieri, MD
MD: University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine
Hometown: Knoxville, TN
Personal Statement: It is an honor to have the opportunity to train in a program that provides excellent surgical and clinical training as well as endless research opportunities in a collaborative and supportive atmosphere. I am thrilled to be a member of such a collegial residency family and to contribute to the culture of developing world-class surgeons and physician-scientists.
Undergraduate: Creighton University, Omaha, NE, 2017
Medical School: University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine, 2023
- Alpha Omega Alpha, UTHSC, Beta TN Chapter, 2022-2023
- Ephraim Camp and Ruth Bonham Camp Endowment, UTHSC College of Medicine, 2021-2022
- Dr. Godfrey Arnold Scholarship, UMMC Department of Otolaryngology, 2021
- Tennessee Diversity Scholarship, UTHSC College of Medicine, 2018-2022
- Graduated magna cum laude, Creighton University, 2017
- Creighton University Academic Scholarship, 2013-2017
- Creighton University Ignatian Service Scholarship, 2013-2017
- Creighton University Dean’s List, 2013-2017 Creighton University Dean’s Service Honor Roll, 2013-2017
- Nieri CA, Benaim EH, Zhang YH, et al. Botox for the prevention of radiation-induced Sialadenitis and xerostomia in head and neck cancer patients: A pilot study [published online ahead of print, 2023 Jul 4]. Head Neck. 2023;10.1002/hed.27449. doi:10.1002/hed.27449
- Davies C, Nieri CA, Sheyn A, Rangarajan S, Yawn RJ. The Use and Utility of Food and Drug Administration Adverse Event Data from the Manufacturer and User Facility Device Experience Database in Otology: A Systematic Review. Otol Neurotol. 2023;44(6):534-541. doi:10.1097/MAO.0000000000003899.
- Franklin, Andrew S. BS, Nieri, Chad A., BS, Marion Boyd Gillespie, MD MSc. Investigating the Correlation between LPR & Obesity (Aug. 2022). Longitudinal Scholar’s Project. Paper 17. http://dx.doi.org/10.21007/com.lsp.2022.0013.
- Walter J. Humann, Nieri, Chad, Madhu Mamidala, John P. Gleysteen, L. Madison Michael, Jeffrey Sorenson, Brian T. Fowler, Sanjeet V. Rangarajan. (2022, Jan). Analysis of Sinonasal Malignancies Utilizing U.S. Census Tract Data. Journal of Neurological Surgery: Part B, 83(S 01): S1-S270. DOI: 10.1055/s-0042-1743975.
- Luttrell JB, Nieri CA, Mamidala M, Sheyn A. Outcomes and considerations in children with developmental delay undergoing tonsillectomy. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2023; 164:111393. doi:10.1016/j.ijporl.2022.111393.
- Nieri CA, Davies CM, Luttrell JB, MD, Sheyn A. Associations between Social Vulnerability Indicators and Pediatric Tonsillectomy Outcomes. Laryngoscope. 2023; doi: 10.1002/lary.30836.
- Soto, Patricia, PhD, Armbruster, Matt, Graft, William, Gonzales, Roger, Nieri, Chad, Zhao, Bo, Bartz, Jason, PhD. (2015, Jan). Prion Proteins and Mechanisms of Interaction with Model Membranes. Biophysical Journal, 180(2), 91A.
- Soto, Patricia, PhD, Bui, Natalie, Carter, Margaret, Gonzales, Roger, Graft, William, Lax, Angela, Nieri, Chad, Zhao, Bo, Bartz, Jason, PhD. (2015, May). Conformational dynamics of the cellular prion protein. Prion, 9(1933-690X), S22-23. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 25970046.
- Woo, Jesse, Nieri, Chad, Soto, Patricia, PhD. (2017, Feb). Modes of Cholesterol Binding Influence the Interaction of Syrian Hamster PrPC with the Plasma Membrane. Biophysical Journal, 112(3), 230A.
- Pub Status: Published. Woo, Jesse, Nieri, Chad, Soto, Patricia, PhD, Gonzales, Roger, Bartz, Jason, PhD. (2016, Feb). Conformational Dynamics of Prion Proteins at the Membrane Interface. Biophysical Journal, 110(3), 419A.