David S. Leonard, MBBCh
Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery;
Chief, Pediatric Otolaryngology
Dr. Leonard's clinical interests include pediatric otolaryngology, airway abnormalities and congenital conditions and neoplastic lesions of the head and neck.
Patients seen at
St. Louis Children’s Hospital
1 Children’s Place
St. Louis, MO 63110
Children’s Specialty Care Center
13001 North Outer Forty
Town & Country, MO 63017
Floor 2, Suite D
Department of Otolaryngology
Washington University School of Medicine
Campus Box 8115
660 South Euclid Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
- BA, English Literature: Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, 1995
- Medical Degree: National University of Ireland, University College Dublin, School of Medicine, 2000
- Residency, Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery: Irish Higher Surgical Training Scheme, Dublin, Ireland, 2008
- Fellowship, Pediatric Otolaryngology: Havard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, 2009
- Masters of Science – Health Policy and Management: Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, 2010
- Senior Registrar, Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery: Irish Higher Surgical Training Scheme, Dublin, Ireland, 2012
- DS Leonard, S Hone, JE Fenton. ABO blood type as a risk factor for secondary post-tonsillectomy haemorrhage. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. Jul;74(7):729-32, 2010.
- Chukudebelu O, Leonard DS, Healy A, McCoy D, Charles D, Hone S, Rafferty M. The effect of gastric decompression on post-operative nausea and emesis in paediatric, tonsillectomy patients. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. Jun;74(6):674-6, 2010.
- HW Lin, KT Vakharia, PK Benjamin, DS Leonard. A convenient, practical adapter for bronchotracheoscopy through a tracheostomy tube in a ventilator-dependent patient. ? ?Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery. Mar; 142(3):446-448, 2010.
- HW Lin, K Kakarala, ST Ostrower, DS Leonard. Laryngotracheobronchitis complicated by spontaneous pneumomediastinum. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. Feb;74(2):221-4, 2010.
- HW Lin, A Aliphas, DS Leonard. Membranous band of a first branchial cleft anomaly. Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery. Sep;141(3):420-1, 2009.
- DS Leonard, H Rowley, JP Hughes. Neonatal respiratory distress secondary to bilateral intranasal dacryocystocoeles. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. Dec;72(12):1873-7, 2008.
- DS Leonard, C Timon. A prospective trial of the ultrasonic dissector in thyroid surgery. Head and Neck. Jul; 30(7):904-08, 2008.
- CE Healy, DS Leonard, R Cahill, D Mulvin, D Quinlan. Primary endourological realignment of complete posterior urethral disruption. Irish Medical. Journal. Jun; 100(6):4988-9, 2007.
- H Gheriani, D Leonard, M Donnelly, R Kane. Vertigo & driving – Between ethics and the law. Irish Medical Journal. Apr;97(4):102, 2004.