Jinkyung Kim, PhD
Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery
- Email: email@example.com
660 S. Euclid Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110
The goal of the Kim Lab is to characterize the properties of sound coding and processing in the cochlea and along the auditory pathway through in vivo real-time monitoring of sound-evoked multicellular activities. Additionally, we aim to identify the transport mechanisms responsible for ototoxic drug entry into the cochlea via in vivo drug tracking and subsequently develop pathway blockers to prevent drug-induced hearing loss.
- Postdoctoral Training: Dept. Otolaryngology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, 2020
- PhD: School of Interdisciplinary Bioscience and Bioengineering, POSTECH, Pohang, Republic of Korea, 2012
- BS: Life Science, Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2006
- Cozzarelli Prize, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2023
- Travel Award, The Association for Research in Otolaryngology, 2016
- Best Oral Presentation Award, The Korean Society for Brain and Neural Science, 2012
- J Kim and A Ricci, A chemo-mechanical cochleostomy preserves hearing for the in vivo functional imaging of cochlear cells, Nature Protocols, 2023.
- J Kim and A Ricci, In vivo real-time imaging reveals megalin as the aminoglycoside gentamicin transporter into cochlea whose inhibition is otoprotective, PNAS, 119, 9, 2022.
- J Kim*, S Hemachandran*, A Cheng, A Ricci, Identifying targets to prevent aminoglycoside ototoxicity, Mol Cell Neurosci., 24, 120, 2022.
- J Krey, C Liu, I Belyantseva, M Bateschell, R Dumont, J Goldsmith, P Chatterjee, R Morrill, L Fedorov, S Foster, J Kim, A Nuttall, S Jones, D Choi, T Friedman, A Ricci, B Zhao, P Gillespie, ANKRD24 organizes TRIOBP to reinforce stereocilia insertion points, JCB, 221, 4, 2022.
- J Kim, A Xia, N Grillet, B Applegate, J Oghalai, Osmotic stabilization prevents cochlear synaptopathy after blast trauma. PNAS, 115, 21, 2018.
- G Liu, M Zhu, J Kim, P Raphael, B Applegate, J Oghalai, ELHnet: a convolutional neural network for classifying cochlear endolymphatic hydrops imaged with optical coherence tomography. Biomedical Optics Express, 8, 10, 2017.
- G Liu, J Kim, B Applegate, J Oghalai, Computer-aided detection and quantification of endolymphatic hydrops within the mouse cochlea in vivo using optical coherence tomography. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 22, 7, 2017.
- HY Lee, P Raphael, A Xia, J Kim, N Grillet, B Applegate, A Bowden, J Oghalai, Two-dimensional cochlear micromechanics measured in vivo demonstrate radial tuning within the mouse organ of Corti. The Journal of Neuroscience, 36, 31, 2016.
- J Kim*, TJ Park*, N Kwon, D Lee, S Kim, Y Kohmura, T Ishikawa, KT Kim, T Curran, JH Je, Dendritic planarity of Purkinje cells is independent of Reelin signaling. Brain Structure and Function, 220, 4, 2015.
- S Chang, N Kwon, J Kim, Y Kohmura, T Ishikawa, CK Rhee, JH Je, A Tsuda, Synchrotron x-ray imaging of pulmonary alveoli in respiration in live intact mice, Scientific Reports, 8760, 5, 2015.
- SJ Park, BM Weon, JS Lee, J Lee, J Kim, JH Je J, Visualization of asymmetric wetting ridges on soft solids with X-ray microscopy, Nature Communications, 4369, 5, 2014.
- S Chang, N Kwon, BM Weon, J Kim, CK Rhee, HS Choi, Y Kohmura, M Yamamoto, T Ishikawa, JH Je. Tracking X-ray microscopy for alveolar dynamics in live intact mice. Scientific Reports, 1304, 3, 2013.
- J Kim*, HW Kim*, S Chang, JW Kim, JH Je, IJ Rhyu, Growth patterns for acervuli in human pineal gland. Scientific Reports, 984, 2, 2012.
- J Kim*, YH Choi*, S Chang, KT Kim, JH Je, Defective folliculogenesis in female mice lacking Vaccinia-related kinase 1. Scientific Reports, 468, 2, 2012.
- JW Jung, JS Lee, N Kwon, SJ Park, S Chang, J Kim, J Pyo, Y Kohmura, Y Nishino, M Yamamoto, T Ishikawa, JH Je, Fast microtomography using bright monochromatic x-rays. Rev Sci Instrum., 83, 9, 2012.
- J Kim, N Kwon, S Chang, KT Kim, D Lee, S Kim, SJ Yun, D Hwang, J W Kim, Y Hwu, G Margaritondo, JH Je, IJ Rhyu, Altered branching patterns of Purkinje cells in mouse model for cortical development disorder. Scientific Reports, 122, 1, 2011.