Belinda C. Sinks, AuD
Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery
Patients seen at
Ear, Nose & Throat Center-CAM
Center for Advanced Medicine
- Physical Address: 4921 Parkview Place, Suite 11A, St. Louis, MO, USA
- Phone: 314-362-7509
Dr. Sinks is a clinical audiologist specializing in vestibular function and evaluation, dynamic subjective visual vertical, video head impulse testing, cervical and ocular vestibular evoked myogenic potentials, balance prostheses, and late effects of cancer treatment that impact balance and quality of life in children.
- Undergraduate: Speech Language Pathology and Audiology, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville (1987)
- MA: Audiology, University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign (1989)
- AuD: Salus University, George Osborne School of Audiology (2007)
Licensure and board certification
- Licensed in Missouri
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A)
- Goebel JA, Sinks B: Test‑retest reliability of high frequency thresholds at bedside with sensori‑neural hearing impaired listeners. J Amer Acad Audiol, 5:399‑401, 1994.
- Sinks BC, Goebel JA: Bedside High Frequency Monitoring for Ototoxicity. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 117(2);93,1997
- Valente M, Goebel J, Duddy D, Sinks B, Peterein J: Evaluation and Treatment of Severe Hyperacusis: Case Study and Literature Review. J Amer Acad Audiol, 11:295-299, 2000.
- Goebel J, Singasilp N, Sinks B, Carmody J: The Gaze Stabilization Test: A New Clinical Test of Unilateral Vestibular Dysfunction. Otol Neurotol 28:68-73, 2006.
- Goebel J, Sinks B, Parker BE, Richardson N, Olowin A, Cholewiak R:
- Effectiveness of Head-Mounted Vibrotactile Stimulation in Patients with Bilateral Vestibular Loss: A Phase 1 Clinical Trial. Otol Neurotol 30:210-216,2009.
- Ahmed MF, Goebel JA, Sinks BC. Caloric Test versus Rotational Sinusoidal Harmonic Acceleration and Step-Velocity Tests in Patients with and without Suspected Peripheral Vestibulopathy. Otol Neurotol 30(6):800-805, 2009. PMID: 1962309.
- Voelker CC, Lucisano A, Kallogjeri D, Sinks BC, Goebel JA. Comparison of the Gaze Stabilization Test and the Dynamic Visual Acuity Test in Unilateral Vestibular Loss
- Patients and Controls. Otol Neurotol. 2015 Apr; 36(4):746-53. doi: 10.1097/MAO. PMID:25502453
- Roland LT, Kallogjeri D, Sinks BC, Rauch SD, Shepard NT, White JA, Goebel JA Utility of an Abbreviated Dizziness Questionnaire to Differentiate Between Causes of Vertigo and Guide Appropriate Referral: A Multicenter Prospective Blinded Study. Otol Neurotol. 2015 Dec; 36(10);687-94.]
- Camet M, Hayashi S, Sinks B, Henry J, Gettinger, K, Hite A, Kiefer, J, Mohrmann, C,
- Sandheinrich, T, Gao, F, Hayashi R. Determining the prevalence of vestibular screening failures in pediatric cancer patients whose therapies include radiation to the head/neck and platin-based therapies: A pilot study Pediatric Blood and Cancer DOI: 10.1002/pbc.26992